Thursday, August 11, 2011

Talking Heads - "I Feel It In My Heart"

Yesterday afternoon, we stopped in at The Kitchen to check out the retrospective of their SoHo years. Among the many artifacts on display was a 1976 video of the Talking Heads playing a set at the gallery. The ~20 minute video happened to feature "I Feel It In My Heart", a song which we took as an early unreleased gem that was unfamiliar to us.

Upon returning home, we discovered quite the contrary: a studio version of the tune has been recorded and released, as a B-Side on the 2005 reissue of 77. Poppy and light, the tune fits in perfectly with the feel of 77 and is notably tighter than the live version we saw on video. You can see for yourself: check out the vid above, and the mp3 below!

mp3: Talking Heads - I Feel It In My Heart

0 comments: