Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Kevin Drew: Pre-Sale for Fillmore Show, New Album

By now many of you (I'm sure) have heard the subtly titled "TBTF" from Kevin Drew's forthcoming album, and also noticed that the Broken Social Scene front-man has planned a fall tour to support the record. Yesterday I mentioned that the Fillmore show will go on-sale this Sunday. However, today I discovered that there's a pre-sale going on at the Arts and Crafts website. You can access the pre-sale by clicking here.

I've managed to dredge up about half of the album's tracks on the internets, and I can say that it definitely holds Drew's distinctive BSS flair. With all of the other BSS artists out there making solo bids (Feist, Metric, Apostle Of Hustle,Jason Collett) it's nice to see the band's leader doing the same. Granted, it's under the "BSS Presents" moniker, but it's still his own thing. For me, the record really works: it's a solid bunch of song writing. With no new BSS output on the horizon, it'll tide me over for quite a while. Can't wait for the Fillmore!

Broken Social Scene Presents Kevin Drew - Spirit If... is out on Arts and Crafts on September 18th.

mp3: Kevin Drew - Tbtf

0 comments: