Friday, August 24, 2007

Local Music: Vetiver

I guess I'm a bit late to the party on this one, seeing as how Vetiver is now opening for the likes of Bright Eyes and The Shins, but I figured it was worth mention none the less. Back in April or so I was browsing at Green Apple Books and Music and saw To Find Me Gone on the employee recommendations shelf. The recommendation mentioned great songwriting, a comparison to Hunky Dory-era Bowie, and the fact that they were a local band - it seemed like a good bet. Months later I'm not sure if the Bowie comparison was accurate, but the songwriting is kick-ass, and the disc just gets better with each listen. I haven't been able to catch the live show yet, but I hear it's amazing. If you haven't been to the "vetiverse" yet, give it a try.

mp3: Vetiver - Been So Long

0 comments: